Mona El Baba is the Founder and Principal Solicitor of El Baba Lawyers. A senior lawyer and advocate with over ten years of criminal, children, family, corporate, commercial and civil law experience, she brings to her practice a unique combination of technical expertise, tenacity and depth of experience.
Mona established El Baba Lawyers after establishing a strong foundation working in multiple law firms earlier in her career. During her formative years, she volunteered extensively in the community alongside her career, gaining exceptional people skills as a compassionate, thorough and relentless advocate for her community.
Mona has gone on to represent thousands of clients in various tiers of the Court system, including by way of defence hearings, sentencing, bail applications, urgent interim applications, and appeals throughout the NSW Local, District, Supreme, Children, Federal Circuit and Family Court throughout New South Wales.
Mona completed a Bachelor of Laws and Economics at university, with an excellent academic track record that was an early sign of her legal talent. She is admitted as a Solicitor in the NSW Supreme Court and High Court of Australia.
Mona has a broad depth of knowledge and extensive experience, including the following areas:
- Advising and appearing in some of Australia’s most complex criminal, children and family law matters;
- Advanced Court advocacy, appearing in all Australian Courts ranging from Local Courts of NSW to the High Court of Australia and across all tribunals;
- Advising on and advocating in Court for some of Australia’s most high-profile matters including terrorism, international child abduction under the UN Hague Convention, complex corporate and commercial fraud and wrongly accused victims of serious crimes;
- Advising on and appearing in hundreds of mediations, arbitrations and settlement negotiations;
- Advising private clients on corporate transactions, compliance and regulatory obligations in Australia;
- Appearing in numerous tribunals involving employment and administrative appeals;
- Advising clients on corporate structures, finance, due diligence for corporate acquisitions and transactions;
- Training and supervising lawyers, providing mentorship and guidance on litigation, trial strategies, settlement and document review;
- Conducting high end property disputes including advising on tax implications, superannuation, company structures, shareholder agreements, trust funds and real property;
In family law matters, Mona regularly appears in the Family and Federal Circuit Court in parenting and property cases. She has successfully prepared for and conducted:
- Urgent interim Parenting matters including urgent recovery orders;
- Final Parenting Orders;
- Property and Financial Matters;
- Consent Orders;
- Divorce & Separation;
- International Child Abduction;
- All Care & Protection Matters; and
- Mona is a Nationally Accredited Independent Children’s Lawyer.
In criminal law matters, Mona has a broad range of experience, including:
- The entire end-to-end of the trial lifecycle, from initial hearings to sentencing and beyond
- Bail Applications;
- A diverse range of matter types including Murder, Terrorism, Sexual Assault, Assaults (Grievous Bodily Harm, Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm, Common Assault), Robberies, Break & Enter, Large Commercial Drug Supply, Firearms and possession of prohibited firearms and fraud;
- All traffic matters including Speeding and PCA’s;
- Apprehended Violence Orders (AVO’s); and
Mona is on the NSW Legal Aid Panel for both General and Serious Criminal Law Matters.
In commercial and corporate law, Mona has extensive experience across a wide range of matter types, including:
- Commercial drafting including drafting documents associated with companies, trusts, contracts, leases , deeds and buy-sell agreements;
- Providing general commercial advice on structuring and business acquisitions;
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial transactions and shareholder agreements;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide array of commercial agreements including services contracts, leases and other commercial contracts;
- Assisting small to medium sized businesses with compliance of commercial, marketing, competition and privacy laws.
Mona is also trained and qualified in the following Legal Aid NSW panels:
- Nationally Accredited Independent Children’s Lawyer;
- Specialist Mental Health Advocacy Practitioner;
- Cross-Examination Scheme Specialist Panel;
- Family Law Panel;
- Domestic Violence Specialist Panel;
- General Criminal Law Panel; and
- Serious Criminal Law Panel.
Mona reads and writes Arabic fluently.
She can be contacted 24 hours, 7 days a week on (02) 9796 1354 for any emergency matters including police station attendance, police raids, prison visit, urgent parent recovery orders.